Jewish Living and Learning Documents
The documents that can be accessed from this section are drawn from either:
- JECEI documents on constructivist Jewish early childhood education including the Center Visit Reports submitted by JECEI consultants or from
- Portfolios on the classroom learning or leadership teams that were submitted as part of their Accreditation application of some of the Jewish Early Childhood Centers who worked with JECEI.
The portfolios were created during the accreditation process and documented the JECEI change process of the Center. There are seven JECEI accredited Jewish Early Childhood Education Centers. The accredited Centers are becoming demonstration sites of excellence. Each of the seven Centers is described in the Publications and Networking section along with a link to the Center is described in the Impact section.
The documents and portfolios illustrate the seamless integration of Jewish values and concepts and the Reggio-inspired educational process in the classrooms, on the entire Center and the Center�s interface with its host institution.
The documents illustrate how the JECEI Lenses guide the work in creating a Jewish early childhood Center of excellence that deepens the involvement of families with young Jewish children in Jewish living and learning. The documents located in this section are listed below.
- Jewish Lenses (Short Version)
- Jewish Lenses (Long Version)
- Vignettes from JECEI Parents on Jewish Living and Learning
- Jewish Living and Learning in the Classroom
- Overview of Engaging Families with Young Jewish Children
- Community Change - Engagement of Families with Young Jewish Children
- JECEI Family Engagement Model
- Principle 2: Indicator 5 JCC Manhattan Ages 4-6
- Principle 2: Indicator 5 JCC Manhattan Ages 3-4
- Principle 3: Indicator 9 Osher Marin
- Principle 3: Indicator 6 JCC Manhattan Age 3